The following guidelines are designed to ensure that the Camp Agawam 100th Celebration & Alumni Reunion is a happy, safe, and productive experience for everyone. Please read them carefully. By registering for the Reunion you are agreeing to adhere to our Code of Conduct and Policies and the Waiver and Release of Liability.
You will be asked to affirm your commitment to these guidelines by signing this form upon check-in at the Reunion. Refusal to sign this form or violating of any of these policies may subject you to dismissal from the Reunion without a refund.
- All attendees must be 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Respect for others and self is required. The Camp Agawam community relies upon each member making a positive contribution.
- Parents must accompany their children at all times unless children are participating in the children’s program or babysitting.
- Each attendee of the Reunion is expected to contribute to keeping camp facilities neat and tidy by cleaning up after themselves and leaving their cabin at the end of the weekend as they found it upon arrival.
- “Be a friend to all harmless wildlife; conserve the woods and flowers.”
- Pets are not allowed at the reunion.
Drugs and Alcohol
- The Agawam Council encourages responsible use of alcohol and respect for everyone attending the Reunion. Reunion Weekend is a B.Y.O.B. event.
- Since the Reunion is designed to be a family friendly event, THE REUNION ALCOHOL POLICY IS AS FOLLOWS: ALCOHOL MAY BE SERVED AND CONSUMED BY THOSE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE ON CAMP PROPERTY ONLY FROM 4:30pm TO 11:59pm on FRIDAY and SATURDAY DURING THE REUNION WEEKEND. THERE IS TO BE NO USE OF ALCOHOL ON THE AGAWAM WATERFRONT. This policy will be enforced by members of the Agawam Council Board of Directors. Everyone is expected to consume responsibly and at all times to respect camp property, staff and all event participants.
- No person may purchase or provide alcohol to any attendee under the age of 21.
- No attendee under the age of 21 may consume alcohol at any time during the Reunion.
- The use or possession of marijuana, or any other controlled substances or drugs is not permitted at camp.
- Per new Maine law smoking is not permitted by anyone under the age of 21.
- Tobacco use including e-cigarettes and vaping devices is permitted only in designated areas.
Safety and Health
- Weapons of any description, fireworks, and any other incendiaries are not permitted in camp.
- Campfires must be lit, maintained and extinguished by designated individuals only.
- Everyone must adhere to program area rules. Camp and event staff have authority in each respective area. Use of the Waterfront is only allowed when the Waterfront is open and Agawam Reunion staff lifeguards are on duty. The Challenge Course is off limits at all times unless otherwise indicated.
Waiver and Release of Liability
1. By signing this Waiver and Release of Liability (Agreement), I waive and release Agawam Council, its agents, servants, employees, insurers, successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages or suits at law and equity of any kind, including but not limited to claims for personal injury, property damage, medical expenses, loss of services, on account of or in any way related to or growing out of my presence or involvement at the facility.
This waiver and release is intended to and does release Agawam Council from any and all liability for damages or injuries on account of or in any way related to or growing out of my negligence, the negligence of third parties and Agawam Council’s negligence. This is not intended to release Agawam Council from any liability resulting from their intentional conduct.
I further covenant and agree not to institute any claims or legal action against Agawam Council for any claim released by this Agreement. I further agree that should any claim be made against Agawam Council in contravention of this Agreement, including but not limited to derivative claims, I will protect, defend and completely indemnity (reimburse) Agawam Council for any such claim and expenses including attorney’s fees and costs incurred by Agawam Council in defending themselves or security indemnity hereunder.
2. I understand that Agawam Council is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged valuables or property.
3. I acknowledge that I have received and read a copy of the current rules and regulations governing the use of the facility. I agree that I will fully comply with all rules and regulations and with any amendments.
I have read the Agreement and understand that by signing the Agreement I have consented to be bound by its terms, including the waiver/release of any legal right I may have to sue Agawam Council for any costs they incur because a claim or legal action is brought in violation of this Agreement. I agree any violation of the Agreement and its terms and conditions, as determined by Agawam Council, will void and terminate this Agreement and may result in loss of the ability to use the facility.